Sunday 3 March 2013

The "To Read" List.

After my last Bucket List style post I decided to write down books from my existing "To Read" list and some more than I've considered in the past but hadn't added until this point. Any suggestions for good books? Leave them in the comments, I'll try to get around to reading them.


  1. The Wolf Gift - Anne Rice
  2. Tipping The Velvet - Sarah Waters
  3. Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
  4. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  5. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
  6. Last Exit to Brooklyn - Hubert Selby
  7. When I Was Five I Killed Myself - Ernst Kemmer
  8. Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
  9. Looking For Alaska - John Green
  10. Nineteen-Eighty Four - George Orwell
  11. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  12. The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
  13. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
  14. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
  15. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  16. The Witching Hour - Anne Rice
  17. Violin - Anne Rice
  18. Angel Time - Anne Rice
  19. The Feast of All Saints - Anne Rice
  20. The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides 
  21. Paper Towns - John Green
  22. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
  23. Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green
  24. Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
  25. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  26. Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
  27. Mort - Terry Pratchett 
  28. Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
  29. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
  30. Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
  31. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
  32. The Goddess Experience - Gisele Scanlon
  33. A Street Cat Named Bob - James Bowen
  34. Twilight Time - Simon Crump
  35. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man - Fannie Flagg
  36. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  37. Unfinished Tales - J.R.R Tolkien
  38. Children of Hurin - J.R.R Tolkien
  39. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
  40. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
  41. Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons (Well, I just want to finish it)
  42. The Small Hand - Susan Hill
  43. Beloved - Toni Morrison
  44. Unless - Carol Shields
  45. The Hero Always Wins - Robert Eaton
  46. Does This Baby Make Me Look Straight? - Dan Bucatinsky
  47. Merrick - Anne Rice
  48. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson
  49. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
  50. The Beauty Detox Solution - Kimberly Snyder (started, but want to finish)







I also want to sit down and re-read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit and maybe the Harry Potter series as they have brought me so much joy. 

I also intend to complete George R.R Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. I never wanted to read ahead because I have enjoyed the suspense of the show so much, I'm not even someone who watches that much television, but I can't deal with all the spoilers on the internet or people assuming I've read it and blurting out a massive plot spoiler from later books. It shall be done.

What was the last book you read?
Best book you ever read?
Any books to recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment