Tuesday 28 February 2017

Baby Name Tag Challenge

So, a tag that I'd spotted on Tumblr a while back is the Baby Name Tag Challenge. I often
skulk around baby name blogs and apps because when I'm writing, I often use them for finding good names for characters. I came across this tag and thought I would give it a go. 

Note: I'm not disclosing any of the actual names I plan on using for my future children. At least not the first girl name and first boy name I plan on using. There are plenty of names that my partner and I have on the outskirts of our minds that we've not fully agreed on yet. Anways, I thought that this would be something fun to do whilst I currently take a work break. I am really interested in unusual, unique names. After all, that's the purpose of a name in the first place: it serves as a unique identifier. What's the point of having a class full of people called John Smith? You suddenly have to think of new ways to identify and separate them. So here we go, the names I'd choose but not the ones that my fiancee and I currently have planned.

1) Names from the 'Most Popular Names' list.
William and Harper - but I'd never use either. 


2) Twins
2 boys: Harrison and Beckett
2 girls: Enid and River.
Boy/Girl: Harrison and Enid


3) If I could change my name? Alira

4) Four kids, names all have to start with same letter.
Can't pick a letter. This would never happen. I don't really think I'd ever give my kids names that are too matchy-matchy. It's just not my style.  Closest I can think of is Enid, Edith, Ezra and Elodie.


5) Favourite animal inspired names?
Wolf


6) Favourite colour inspired name?
Violet


7) Top 3 boy names
Kept secret, will use

8) Top 3 girl names
Kept secret, will use

9) Favourite celebrity baby names:
Scout (as in Scout Willis)
Ignatius (Cate Blanchett's child)


10) Ultimate guilty pleasure name
Virginia: It's a name I'd love to use but can't because it contains the word 'virgin' and sounds like 'vagina' so bullying would be a concern. 


11) Most hated baby name?
Gary
I also personally don't like it when a baby is named after the father and then becomes Hank Jr or Harry Jr. Give them their own identity.


12) Name based on food/drink?
Hmm... Is this even really a thing? Other than Apple, Gwyneth Paltrow's kid, I can't think of any food or drink based names I'd really like. 

13) Name based on a month:
Juno (like June)


14) Baby name from Twilight?
Jane


15) A baby name that is already in your family?
Cameron 


Find the full list of questions below and feel free to steal it and post your own: 


 Questions
1. List your favourite and least favourite names from the SSA 2011Top 10  Baby Name List. (why do you like or dislike them and would you use a nickname? http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/ 
2. If you had twins, what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G) 
3. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be? 
4. You have 4 children. Any gender. Their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be? 
5. Favourite animal inspired name.  
6. Favourite colour inspired name.
7. Top 3 boy names. 
8. Top 3 girl names. 
9. Favourite celebrity baby name. 
10. Ultimate guilty pleasure name.  
11. Most hated baby names. 
12. Choose a baby name based on a food/drink. 
13. Choose a baby name based on a month.  
14. Choose a baby name from Twilight. 
15. Choose a baby name that is already in your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment