Tuesday 14 March 2017

Writer Problem#11: INCOMING RANT - Entry Fees

Okay, so I've done a few of these 'Writer Problem' posts in the past just as little throwaway thoughts on things that impact us writers. One that bugs me is entry fees.

So you want to get your work out there, maybe you're considering entering a competition which could lead to your work being published. Okay, entry fees may cover some costs for the publisher, but can you imagine forking out money for all the competitions out there? It would be crazy. Some of them are almost £20. I don't want to pay just to not be published. Now okay, I get it. Sometimes the payment and the risk is worth it and it leads to good things, but I know some people who have paid a lottttt of money entering competitions and never winning, never being chosen. It's not something I've resorted to yet, but I'm sure I'll try to avoid it at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment