Tuesday 6 March 2018

Say Yes To A Dress... Literally ANY DRESS

Within the last 48 hours, I have purchased two bridal magazines. One is my favourite, Rock and Roll Bride, a magazine that almost makes me wish that my wedding was ages away because I will be sad when I no longer have a reason to buy this glorious publication. The other is Unveiled which I have never read but I spotted it in my local corner shop and honestly, I only have so long left to really enjoy and indulge in all things bridal.

I am now less than five months away from my wedding, a thought which hit me like a ton of bricks when I woke up today and panic texted my mother. I live in Yorkshire. My mother lives in Essex. My sister is in Gloucestershire. Trying to get all three of us into the same room so that I can do the classic trying-on-dresses-with-your-family thing is a little bit difficult. I am now five months away from my wedding and I have yet to try on a single wedding dress. 

The fact that I've not even tried a wedding dress on seems to be a serious thing in the wedding industry. Bridal shop sales people will instantly start chirping about how you need to get your orders in now, by the time you buy you're not going to have time for fittings, blah blah blah....

Now, with about five months left to go, I've had my first twinge of concern. I'm still not even 100% set on a particular style. Whilst I'm learning more towards a laid back, boho gown there is a part of me that may be tempted to a white, A Line number. It all remains to be seen so watch this space and hopefully I won't be walking down the aisle to my partner in a dress made of stapled-together white Kleenex sheets
....

No comments:

Post a Comment