Friday 9 March 2018

The B430 List

So I turned 26 last month. If you know me, or have read this blog before, you may know that I wrote up a list of things that I wanted to achieve before I was 25. Some I achieved, some I tried, some I totally didn't get around to.

I have decided to write another list. This is a list of things that I want to achieve before I'm 30. Some are going to be really big things, some little things. I really enjoyed having a list of aspirations and looking back over it years later to see how much I had actually achieved. In reflecting, I saw how much more I got around to doing. So here we go, some things that I, as a 25 year old, want to achieve in the next few years ahead of turning 30. Once I'm 30, you can bet your ass there will be a new list.

Here we go.....


  • I want to slim down and lose weight - especially before I have kids
  • I started drafting this list when I was 25, about a year ago, and then forgot about it. This bullet point stated I wanted to buy a house. Well, within a year, my partner and I actually bought our first house! So now, I guess I want to make it feel more like a home. I want to throw on some coats of paints, buy the perfect sofa and really claim this space. We're almost there already. 
  • Have a child (at least just the first one, but once I'm married)
  • Go to New Zealand

  • Get another book published - I don't mind if it's poetry, a graphic novel, fiction, non fiction. I just want to get another book out there...
  • Try veganism for a month
  • Get married... just a few months to go!
  • Try to learn how to make sushi
  • Take up bellydancing

  • Learn to drive and buy a car
  • Once I have a car - road trip. Anywhere. Doesn't matter where. I just want to go for it. 
  • I want to write and record some music and put it out there. It doesn't have to be a serious musical pursuit. I just want to put some music out into this noisy world. 
  • I want to write something for film or television - some kind of screenplay. I'm more used to writing novels or poetry. It might be nice to write something different.
  • Go to a gay pride event
  • I'd like to be an extra in a film or TV show.
  • From now on, I want to plant a tree for every year I've been alive. So, I have already planted a few trees in my lifetime, but I think this year I will try to plant 26 trees and I will plant another tree every year - perhaps it's something I will continue to do until I die. It seems a nice way to give back to the earth. 

  • Take up meditation
  • I'd like to be a voice actor in something. It seems like a really fun line of work to be in and it's a dream of mine to be the voice of a character in a Disney animated film. Even if it's not Disney, it's something I would like to achieve.
  • Study a language. Even if I pick up one I've studied before or pick up something new, either way is good.
  • Try yoga
  • Go zorbing/zorballing
  • Get a tattoo
  • I want to see baby turtles hatch. I've always wanted to see that moment. I've even considered volunteering as part of a turtle conservation project. So I'm adding it to the list. I'd love to see tiny turtles hatch and flock towards the open ocean.
  • I want to find a job I'm satisfied with that I can sink my teeth into for years to come. A job that I can be proud of when I'm talking about what I do.
  • I would like to visit at least five countries I've never been to before. Between now and then that works out to one a year, so it's absolutely possible. For example, at present, I'm already planning on New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark and Japan. If I can visit those countries then that covers four out of five new destinations. 
  • Visit Ireland
  • I want to take a trip abroad on my own. I just like the idea of vanishing for a weekend somewhere without anyone else. I've seen a lot of people say it can be a daunting prospect but a liberating experience and I've always been very independent. 
  • Visit Copenhagen
  • I want to see the Northern Lights

If I think of anything else, I will add it as I go along. I have four years to do all of this so fingers crossed I can get it done :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment