Tuesday 22 May 2018

2 Months To Go!

I am getting married this year on the 23rd of July which means that, as of tomorrow, I am two months away from the Big Day which, in wedding terms, is about 10 minutes....

According to my wedding planning app I'm 70% planned for the big day. A lot of the outstanding tasks relate to things like booking the honeymoon, purchasing decorations, sending a day-of list to the vendors closer to the event, buying wedding shoes.

This week I am currently focusing on the actual content of the ceremony so looking at vows, readings, ceremony wording, the bridal procession.... It's a lot. Also, no one had mentioned any kind of deadline to me, but apparently we were supposed to submit this stuff about 2 weeks ago. Oops.

So over the next day or so I'm sat at home finalising the most important part of our wedding day. Ideally, we would like four readings. Two from my side of the family and two from my fiancee's side of the family. We've found two readings so I am sat in our study just staring at our book collection in search of answers. It's just a shame we own so much horror and sci fi that is free from romance. So I will hopefully get everything picked out today and sent over to the registrar tomorrow.

After that, it's all the little decorative bits we still need to sort out. We also need to book our honeymoon and (hopefully, if all goes to plan) our hen party in Paris!

Now that we're down to the wire, I'll try to post more. Honestly, these past few months have just flown by. I have the rest of the week off and the Bank Holiday Monday next week solely for wedding planning so I'm hoping to get a lot of the important stuff out of the way this week so that in June we can book the honeymoon, focus on getting our ducks in a row and then I'm hoping to just enjoy July as I prepare myself for marriage....

No comments:

Post a Comment